Tuesday, October 25, 2011

There are no knots in knitting!!

Another project is done!  Whew!  I finished a special blanket for the newest edition to my second family this afternoon... just in time, because he's on his way as we speak!  I wish I had finished it earlier so it could have arrived in Kentucky before little Brock was born, but I don't think he will mind.  I made this blanket in UK colors, because Brock's daddy Brandon, like any respectable man, is a big fan of the Wildcats.  I hope it will be a lucky blanket, and UK will win another football game this year :) haha!

I love knitting, because it relaxes me, and I just think it's fun.  But the one part I hate is the end!  I just HATE tucking in those ends!  They say there are no knots in knitting, and I always try to stay true to that....  But when I think of the terror that will be unleashed on this blanket I fear for its future!  How will it stay together after getting puked on, washed, dragged around, and washed some more??  I cut the ends extra long so I had plenty to tuck away.  And, there might be the occasional knot or two, but don't tell!  I just can't bear the thought of my little treasures coming unraveled!  I found the pattern on the TLC website:

http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/home/free-knitting-patterns-for-baby-blankets3.htm

There's a tiny picture of the blanket on the website, but it's hard to see, so I had to basically imagine what it would look like when it was done.  It's supposed to be in 3 colors, but I only wanted 2...  BLUE and WHITE!  :)  I also increased the size by 50%.  I think it turned out pretty good!  I just hope little Brock loves it.  I shipped it off to Bowling Green this afternoon.  I wasn't sure if I should post this blog with pictures of the blanket before they get it....  But then I realized, "There is no way they are going to read this before it gets there....  They're having a BABY right now!  DUH!"  haha!  Congrats Sarah Beth and Brandon!  Congrats grandma Carol (and grandpa Dan)!  Congrats Uncle Ozzie, Aunt Beth, and cousins Landon and Piper!  And of course, congrats to the 2 coolest twuncles ever, Danny and Bobby.  Love all of you to pieces, and I can't wait to see all of you again, hopefully very soon!

Here's the blanket:




On to the next project!  WOO HOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment