Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Home is where the heart is

So, it appears I only have 38 days left in Oklahoma.  And about 14 of those days I will be in Kentucky for Thanksgiving.  To say I am sad about this is a real understatement.  I officially became an Okie on December 12, 2007, and my four years and four days here (by the time I leave) have been some of the best days of my life.

I have no plans for the future, and I don't know where my path will lead, and that only adds to the sadness.  Until I figure out what's next I will be staying in my hometown of Louisville.  I'll be living in the house I grew up in, but it's still not MY house.  I'm going to feel kinda homeless, since I won't have a house of my own, but that got me thinking about this concept of home.

What a cliche... "Home is where the heart is"  But it's true.  I might be moving away from Stillwater, but I'll be leaving a little bit of my heart here.  My house might be sold, but whenever I come back, this town will still feel like home.  Of course Louisville will always seem like home, too.  My heart is also with my horses in Shelbyville, with my best friend in Massachusetts, with my cousins in Cincinnati, and with the Gators in the Swamp.  I have lots of homes I guess.  I just hope my next home is as good as the last.  It's gonna be hard to beat Stillwater.

No comments:

Post a Comment